Friday, May 28, 2010

A Love Like No Other

"I will heal their waywardness.
   I will love them lavishly. My anger is played out.
I will make a fresh start with Israel.
   He'll burst into bloom like a crocus in the spring.
He'll put down deep oak tree roots,
   he'll become a forest of oaks!
He'll become splendid—like a giant sequoia,
   his fragrance like a grove of cedars!
Those who live near him will be blessed by him,
   be blessed and prosper like golden grain."  Hosea 14:4-7, The Message

I know it's been weeks since I've posted anything.  Sometimes life takes over my life!!  lol  Know what I mean?

So I'm starting back kind of slowly.  I wanted to share this scripture with you.  I just opened my Bible, and it fell to this passage. 

Imagine a God who longs to love us lavishly.  Who pines for a fresh start with us.  Who desires to make us splendid.  Boy, that's a love like no other. 

There's a book called "Sacred Echos" by Margaret Feinburg.  I would urge you to read it!  (I have a copy if anyone wants to borrow it.)  In this book Margaret talks about how God is constantly and consistently echoing His love to us, all around us, drawing us closer to Him.

You'll hear a song, read a book, have a conversation, listen to a sermon . . . all about the same topic.  That's not a coincidence.  That's God, echoing His truth through your life.

I just want you to hear this truth today.  God longs to lavish His love on you.  On you!  Great big God, little tiny you.  God of the universe, Almighty Creator . . . and you. 

We can never understand this love.  All we can do is accept it and be grateful! 

This is a weekend of gratitude.  You don't have to only remember the men and women who have served our country.  Take this opportunity to remember all who have been in service to you personally, and be grateful.

And be grateful to God today.  Allow His lavish love to wash all over you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment