Friday, December 23, 2011

The Twenty-Third Person of Christmas is Jesus

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”  Matthew 16:15-16

There are over 360 prophecies in the Old Testament concerning Jesus, the Messiah.  I don't know them all.  I can't explain them all.  I'm not a bible scholar, or a deep thinker, or a theologian.

I'm just a follower.  And though usually I try to do a lot of research and study on each person I write about, today I just write from my heart.

Today I can write with my own knowledge, my own heart and mind, because this person - unlike the others I have written about - Him I know personally. 

If Jesus came before me today, and asked me the same question that He asked Simon Peter, I could truthfully say the same thing:  You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

There are many names for Jesus in the bible.  He is the only begotten son of God.  He is the Alpha and Omega.  He is Emmanuel, God with us.  He is Christ.  He is Lord, Rabbi, Teacher.  He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.


He is all those things and more.  He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords.  He is the Lion of Judah.  He is Faithful and True.  He is our Salvation.

He is all those things and more.  He is Worthy.  He is the Word of Life, He is the Bread of Life, He is the Light.  He is the King of the Jews and the King of the Ages.

He is all those things and more.  He is the Way.  The Truth.  The Life.  He is the Savior of the World.  He is the Same Yesterday, Today, and Forever.

He is all those things and more.  He is the Messiah.  He is my Messiah.

Jesus left of the splendor of heaven, to be born in a dirty stable.  He left His Father, to be born to human, sinful parents.  He left His kingdom, to be spat upon, beaten, and killed.  Then He left us here to go to heaven, to prepare it for us, to await our time together.

Remember what this is about.  This is about Him.  Every day, all month, every person we've talked about.  It's all been about Him and Him only.

For unto us is born a Savior.  He is the Messiah, the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment