Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Love is the Ultimate

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:8 - 12

This part of the love chapter is really talking about completeness, don't you think?

What does it have to do with love?

I think love is the ultimate completer.  Love, as described in this chapter, in relationships, gives us the closest picture of heaven we can get here.  That's what Paul is describing here - heaven.  Perfection.  Completeness. 

Perhaps that why, ultimately, love is so important.  Because it's heaven on earth.  Because it's the ultimate life.  Because it's how God designed us. 

When we are involved in a truly loving relationship, where we allow God to use us for his ultimate purpose, we are experiencing heaven.  Completeness.  Perfection. 

Find freedom.  Love.  Love ultimately.  Find heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment