Friday, September 13, 2013

Beauty

Today I shared the following thoughts on Facebook:

I love the beach, the vast expanse of ocean, the smells, the sounds. I love the mountains, the peaks and valleys filled with nature, touched by the clouds.

But today, as I look around outside . . . the sky is the prettiest shade of blue. The clouds are insanely white, such a contrast to this deep blue. The trees are just barely touched with shades of yellow, orange and red. The corn - oh, the corn! Stalks taller than me, golden yellow tinged still with green. The rolling hills around my house, the wildflowers overflowing on the side of the road.

Thank you, God, for the gifts around me, the beautiful setting in which I live, that reveals your character to me.

I wouldn't live anywhere else.


I really get frustrated when I hear people say that they hate where they live.  Or they hate certain kinds of weather.  There is beauty everywhere you go, everywhere you look.  As long you look!

Psalm 118:24 says, "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."  (NKJV)  I love that verse.  Today I looked it up and read it in other versions.  Check this out:

NIV:  The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.
Message:  This is the very day God acted—let’s celebrate and be festive!

I love it!  The Lord made this day - he has already done it - he has acted - whatever it is you are looking for or been praying for - this is the day!  You might not see the answer today, but it's this.

So don't fall into the temptation to sell your joy - your rejoicing - for the price of a temperate on the weather map or the dot on the map.  Just be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment