Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Unshakeable

I'm amazed at how easily I can be shaken.  Not my faith, necessarily, but my attitude.  If I don't protect myself, don't shade myself under his protective wings, in an instant - boom!  Attitude.

The little things of life get me all ruffled, the external circumstances affect my internal life.  That's not what I want.  I want to be strong, inside and out.  I want to be counted on, by others - of course - but by God. 

I want to be the kind of woman that can God can challenge, can use, can be proud of.
I want to be the kind of woman that scares the devil.
I want to be the kind of woman who laughs at the future (Proverbs 31).

But I can't be that kind of woman if the little things shake me.  If my attitude affects my heart. 

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you. 
Isaiah 54:10

So I'll focus on Him.  His ways.  His love.  And when I do that, I'm automatically stronger and more settled. 

How about you?  Do you ever feel that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment