Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Does God Love Us? Part 3

 17 "He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
       he drew me out of deep waters.
 18 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
       from my foes, who were too strong for me.
 19 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
       but the LORD was my support.
 20 He brought me out into a spacious place;
       he rescued me because he delighted in me.


God is such a protector.  Too many times we blame God for the difficulties of our lives, but how quick are we to stop and look to see how much He protects us from?  Revelation 22:13 says "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." He's everything, don't you see?

Strong enough and big enough to rescue me from the deep waters.  Small enough to hear my humble cry.  Great enough to rescue me from my enemy.  Caring enough to support me when I can barely stand.  Loving enough to cover my sins with the blood of His son.  Caring enough to not want me to sin in the first place.

He's everything.  He's all things.  He's enough.

Verse 20 says that the Lord "delighted" in me.  That's not just David talking.  That's God's love speaking through His servant, David.  Big enough to create the universe.  Small enough to find delight in little me.  He loves me.  He loves you.  The worst sinner in the world - He loves.  The most pious saint - He loves.  He doesn't love anyone begrudgingly; no, He loves each of us with the same fierceness we have been reading about in this scripture.  Love that roars!  Love that delights!  Big enough!  Small enough!

Tomorrow . . . God's forgiveness.

Keep Blazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment