Friday, July 16, 2010

Hello? Is It Me You're Looking For?

Remember that old song, from Lionel Ritchie?  I love that song!

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post, and my word - I have been a day late and a dollar short all summer.  I can't keep up, having Samuel at home, all the projects I have in the air . . . so I'm making some changes, going back to my roots.

When I started this blog, it was just to organize my thoughts, pour out my love for God, and sometimes to study publicly (!) His word.  Then I think I got a little forward with myself - hey, I'm not a scholar or theologian.  I'm just me, a seeker, thirsting for God.  What do I know?

Not nearly enough!  So to try to expound on books like Isaiah - wow, there's just too much there and honestly, I'm a little scared to get it wrong!  lol  So, I'm just going to go back to sharing about me, not trying to teach anything, and document this journey through the gift of life.

Tomorrow is my 17th anniversary.  There have been lots of times in the last 17 years when I've thought we weren't gonna make it.  But we've endured.  That sounds really . . . I don't know . . . un-romantic.  But there have been times when life wasn't a fairy tale for us.  And, there have been times when it absolutely has been a fairy tale.  And then there are all the times in between.

All I know is that I'm grateful that my husband has stuck with me for almost 2 decades, and I'm grateful that God has blessed us with love and joy and peace.  He has given us a wonderful child, opportunities for ministry, and blessings beyond what we could have ever imagined in 1993. 

So much has changed.  Yet God's faithfulness, His love for us has stayed the same.  It's only because of Him that we've been able to persevere.  Marriage is hard - relationships are hard - but they are worth fighting for, because our relationships with other are extensions of our relationship with Him.  He is a relational God, intimate, loving, and caring.  Can we do any less for each other?

Check out "Marriage is Worth Fighting For" at Facebook.com.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment