Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Redeemer is Faithful and True

I have been thinking about the past a lot lately.  Between our anniversary and the gift of videos-put-onto-DVD, memories have abounded.  I watched DVDs of my little pumpkin boy as a baby, with his cute little glasses (his eyes were crossed and he started wearing them at 11 months old).  I don't know, it's just one of those times of reminiscence.

This morning I was listening to the Stephen Curtis Chapman song, "My Redeemer is Faithful and True."  And I thought back over the blessings of these memories.

When I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant, I had a test run that looked for characteristics of disease and deformity, like spina bifada and Down's syndrome.  It wasn't a diagnostic test, just an indicator.  But when Samuel came back with Down's syndrome characteristics, an indicator was a diagnosis for me.  It was an agonizing wait until the next ultrasound, where we could get a better look at him to try to determine if the test was accurate or not.

Of course, it wasn't, and Samuel was born perfectly healthy.  My Redeemer was Faithful and True.  He had answered our hearts' cry, and delivered to us the desire of our hearts.

Revelation 19:11 says this:   "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True."  Notice the capitalization of "Faithful" and "True."  These words aren't used as adjectives; they don't simply describe His character.  The capital letters tell us that one of His names is Faithful and True.

He IS faithfulness.  He IS truth.  How can we ever doubt someone who is named for what He is?

We all have stories like this, and after time we forget to share them anymore; or, because of other bad times, we think the stories mean less.  But bad times don't mean that He isn't who He is.  Thankfully, He still is who He is!  We just have different expectations than He does!

There's power in praising God, and there's power in sharing those stories.  I'd love it if you would like to comment and share your story!

Finally today, I have a friend in Texas who is going in to have her third baby this morning.  Please pray for Rebekah and Jeremy and that everything goes smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment