Thursday, July 22, 2010

So There's The Joy

We had such a good Bible study last night!  I've said it before, but I can't begin to tell you the lengths to which I have enjoyed this Holy Spirit study!  I have learned so much and come out each week invigorated and excited to know more.

We were talking about some of the things that steal our focus from God.  Beyond activities, worries, etc., we found another answer:  church.  Responsibilities and activities of ministry in church can quickly become more of a focus than God is.  But even worse is when there are problems or concerns within the family of God, and they can steal our time, our energy, and even worse - our joy.

This morning I woke up thinking about this, and I was like, you know what??  Enough!  I am not going to let anyone steal my joy!!  What George or Sally or Ted does is their problem.  They can be mean, hateful and divisive.  I don't care!  Because my joy in the Lord doesn't have anything to do with them.  I have joy in the Lord because of Him and me, because He's with me every day, in every way, and the only way I lose that joy is basically if I throw it away. 

I've been doing that for awhile, and I'm done.  George/Sally/Ted (mostly not their real names, lol) ---- bring it.  Because I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart.  (Where?  You know the song!)  See what I'm saying?  It's my choice, not George/Sally/Ted's choice.  My joy, my choice.

Psalm 51:12 says, "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."  In the NIV Bible, there are 242 verses that speak of joy - from Genesis to Jude - that tells us so much about the importance of JOY in our lives!

Don't let anyone rob you.  Don't let Satan use even God's church to steal your joy.  It's your loss, and it's not a loss God has designed for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment