Thursday, July 1, 2010

Look to the Day

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
       and the earth will shake from its place
       at the wrath of the LORD Almighty,
       in the day of his burning anger.  Isaiah 13:13

God is a powerful god.  Scratch that.  He's not A god, He is THE God.  He is GOD.  Period.

And He's not just powerful.  He IS power.

We see His power all the time, in both good and bad ways.  But Isaiah is talking about the day - THE day.  That day in the future when God says, enough.

The thought of that day may scare you.  And that's ok, because it will be a frightful day for many, many people.  It will be the worst day for many people.

But for those of us who know Him, who have asked Him to capture our hearts and lives and to live in us and with us forever - it doesn't have to be scary.  Yes, His anger will still burn.  His wrath will still be felt.  The end will still be the end.

But WE have hope for an eternity with Him, not separated from Him.  An eternity of love, not of anger.  An eternity of fellowship, not of isolation.

We have hope, because we have Him.  Pretty simple, huh?

Let me just say now . . . if you don't have Him, this coming day will be terrible.  God does not want you to experience that day.  He wants you to come to Him, to choose Him, so that you do not have to face an eternal wrath.

Christians can look to the future with hope, and stand bravely in the face of uncertainty.  If you don't have that hope, come to Him today.  Here's a simple prayer you can pray:

Heavenly Father:
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of my Sins.  I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven.  Father, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed by the Blood of Jesus!   In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment