Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We are Knit Together

Your hands shaped me and made me.
   Will you now turn and destroy me?
Remember that you molded me like clay.
   Will you now turn me to dust again?
Did you not pour me out like milk
   and curdle me like cheese,
clothe me with skin and flesh
   and knit me together with bones and sinews?
You gave me life and showed me kindness,
   and in your providence watched over my spirit.  Job 10:8-12

Have you ever seen a good knitter knit?  IF they drop a stitch or make a mistake, they somehow manage to weave the mistake into the pattern, making something beautiful out of something that a novice would have pulled out.  But they don't usually make mistakes.  They make beautiful things out of something as simple as yarn!

God's like that.  He created our flesh, gave us life, knit us together.  I am reminded of a video called "Indescribable", with a pastor by the name of Louie Giglio speaking on how magnificently and determinedly we were created.  He shows photos of different galaxies, stars and planets, things that we cannot see with the naked eye.  God created things of such size and magnificence, it blows the mind to really ponder it.

He also created something called laminin. Laminin is a protein molecule that holds our bodies together.  It is a cell adhesion molecule that literally knits us together.  And it looks like this: 

As I am reading through parts of the Old Testament, I am amazed at how God the Father continually and consistently points mankind to His son. 

It's further amazing that one of the DNA components that He used in our creation . . . is formed in the shape of the cross.

You may think that is a coincidence.  I think it's a joy.  You may think I'm easily manipulated.  I think I'm continually overwhelmed by God.  You may think you don't have enough faith to believe in a Creator.  I think it takes more faith to believe in evolution. 

Cuz I didn't bang out of nothing!  ;0)  I am created, fearfully and wonderfully made, knit together for a holy purpose.  I don't need amazing faith to believe that.  I need an amazing Creator who shows me His love for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment