Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We are Sanctified

As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. John 17:18-19

Do you remember what it means to be sanctified? It means to be made holy, consecrated. Set apart. For the holiness church movement, sanctification in a big deal. And rightly so! When you become "sanctified," you are accepting the fact that God created you for a holy purpose. When you seek sanctification, you are seeking such close communion with God that His holiness makes you holy, too.

Remember that we can never be holy, sanctified, set apart, by our own work. We can never be holy on our own. It's only through God do we ever even have the hope for a righteous life.

But just as strongly, remember is- that is what we were created for!! I love the new song by Mercy Me, "Beautiful.". In fact I was singing it to myself yesterday,watching a majestic waterfall spill down the side of a mountain. We are called. We are sanctified. We are set aside for something special. Now - let's act like it!

You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You are made so much more than all of this
You're beautiful
You're beautiful
You are treasured, You are sacred, You are His
You're beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment