Monday, March 21, 2011

We Were Formed by Him

 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
   before you were born I set you apart;
   I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”. Isaiah 1:5

It's amazing to me, time after time, to remember God's incredible love for us. To think that He formed us - that's one thing. And that beyond that, He knew us. Not knows us {of course He does that too} but KNEW us.

To be known by the one who created me . . . The one who created me to be me. What I see as flaws, He created. What I want to change, He formed. Not that sin and life haven't changed His original creation, but still . . . He made the decision to give me brown eyes. Abnormally small ears. A strange sense of humor. A mind that can't shut down. He did all that.

If you've known me long, you've heard me say: great big God, little tiny me. That great big God made the decision, in an instant, to make me a twin. To give me the struggle with infertility. To give me the gift (or curse) of sarcasm.

He knew when He created me that I would reject Him. He knew when He formed me that I would walk away from Him. He knew when He spoke my name that I would sin and do evil.

The truly miraculous thing is that He made me anyway.

How do you purposely create a being that you know is going to reject you?

What kind of person would be big enough?

My God, that's who. And only my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment