Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eternal God

Deuteronomy 33:27 says, "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."  Another term for refuge is hiding place.  He is our eternal hiding place, our refuge forever and ever.

There's a song by Selah called "Hiding Place."  The lyrics go like this:

You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart with songs
Of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You-
I will trust in You
Let the weak say I am strong
In the strength of the Lord

It's a very sweet, tender song.  I'm amazed on a daily basis when I think about God.  You know?  God who is outside the parameters of time - who is eternal - He wants to be my hiding place, my refuge.

We are reminded of God's eternal-ness throughout His Word, but twice in Revelation He refers to Himself as  "the Alpha and the Omega ....who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (There's Almighty again, from yesterday's name.  Praise the Lord!)

And I hear another song in this verse, the Revelation Song:

Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain
Holy Holy is He
Sing a new song
To Him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat

Holy Holy Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come

With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my Everything
And I will adore you.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . Eternal God.  Almighty.   King.  Jehovah.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment