Tuesday, January 25, 2011

God is the Almighty

I needed this today.  I feel frazzled and overworked and out of control.  Obviously - it's 8:46 and I'm just started today's blog!

Genesis 17:1 says, "When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless."  To me what stands out is that almighty is not being used as an adjective; in this case, it's a noun.

How amazing to think that God isn't just an almighty being; He encompasses the word so much that He is THE Almighty. As an adjective, almighty means having unlimited power; omnipotent. But if you look in a dictionary, you can't find a definition for almighty as a noun.  Oh wait, there is one definition -- God!!!  I mean, come on!!!  That's amazing!

Do you see what I'm saying??  Almighty isn't just a word that describes God.  It IS God.

My petty troubles today seem even smaller in light of the fact that I'm friends with Almighty.  I'm the daughter of the One who has unlimited power.  I am His, and He is mine.

I'm ending right there.  'Nuf said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment