Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jehovah Tsidkenu

God - the Lord - is our righteousness. Jeremiah 23:6 says: "This is the name by which He will be called: the Lord our righteous Savior."

Why is this important to us? We spend way too much time trying to be righteous. We can never earn righteousness! It's not a quality that you can attain through discipline or discussion. We can only be righteous because He is righteous.

If you find yourself striving to make yourself righteous, you've got a problem. You're wires are a little crossed. That attitude assumes that you become righteous through your own hard work. No! Run away, as far as you can get from that mindset.

We become righteous because He flows His grace to us and through us. It is only because He so freely forgives and renews us that we have any hope of becoming right.

He's so good to us. I really have no words to describe how good He is, how wicked we are, and how blessed we become through His grace.

It comforts me to know that this God I dont deserve wants me, and wants me to enter into fellowship with Him. Not only that, but He gives me the tools I need to enter into His presence. He shares Himself so that I can be with Him.

Woah.

No comments:

Post a Comment