Friday, April 23, 2010

Beautiful

Just a quick thought today because I'm on the go!  I have been sharing all week about my "Women of Joy" conference, and I just wanted to share one last thing.

Liz Curtis Higgs talked about how loved we are by God.  Gray hair, wrinkles, saggy skin . . . none of it matters to Him.  He created us!  He didn't just create us as babies; He created us to be teenagers, young adults, middle aged, and old!  He created boys and girls, men and women . . . all of us the same at the foot of the cross.  He created all those stages of our lives . . . so let's celebrate them!

Myself . . . I've been whining about age for 11 years now (since I turned 20, ha ha).  But I think that maybe that's an affront to God.  He made all my ages . . . so why should I whine about them?

Liz sang this song to us, and I wanted to end the week with it.  You know how it goes:

You are so beautiful, to me.
You are so beautiful, to me.
You're everything I hoped for
I'm everything you need.
You are so beautiful . . . to me.

Sing it to yourself . . . use that imagination . . . and hear God singing it to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment