Thursday, April 22, 2010

When I Don't Know What to Do

When I don't know what to do
(I'll lift my hands)
When I don't know what to say
(I'll speak your praise)
When I don't know where to go
(I'll run to your throne)
When I don't know what to think
(I'll stand for your truth)

These are the lyrics to a song I learned this weekend called, "When I Don't Know What To Do."  Haven't we all been there?  Sometimes we can't find the right action...the right words...the right place....the right thought.  We search and search for something right and end up feeling alone.  We can easily feel like because God hasn't said, "walk ten paces, turn left, jump up and down" (in other words, told us exactly what to do!), that He has abandoned us.

But this song says it so beautifully.  When I don't know what to do . . . I'll praise you, I'll run to you, I'll stand for you.  It's all about Him, isn't it?  What are we so worried about?

The problem is that sometimes we are searching for an answer, and we should be searching for Him.  Does that make sense?  Sometimes the answer is not an action, not a word, not a place, not a thought . . . it's simply and completely Him.

Isaiah 41:16-18:    "But you will rejoice in the LORD and glory in the Holy One of Israel.  The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.  I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs."

No matter what we are searching for . . . He is the answer.  
  

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! I so regret not getting the praise CD from the conference! I had to download this song from Itunes. So powerful!

    ReplyDelete