Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

The title of today's post is from the sound of me walking.  I started working out with a trainer yesterday, and I am sore!!!  I mean, SORE!!!  So when I walk, I make those sounds.  Ouch.  Ooooh.  Oh.  Ouch.  I'm not gonna lie . . . it's not pretty.

Sometimes we have to get in shape spiritually, too, and it's not pretty either.  There are times when God makes us do some pretty tough workouts, and it's easy to forget that He only has our good in mind.

In 1 Corinthians 9:24-25, Paul says, "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."

Spiritual training is hard.  It involves discipline, desire, and work.  It's not easy to be a Christian, nor is it easy to make Christ-like choices.  But, as Paul says, our reward lasts a lifetime.
See you (ouch) tomorrow (oh). 

No comments:

Post a Comment